1. Elevate WA’s focus on accelerating digital transformation and the priority given to underlying connectivity infrastructure by:
- allocating a lead state agency with a statewide, whole of government focus to proactively increase digital technology adoption and ensure digital services are more accessible and responsive to community and business needs
- developing and implementing an integrated statewide plan for digital connectivity, supported by a prioritisation framework, to guide future government investment
- developing a collaboration model, adopting a coordinated WA Government approach to federal programs and encouraging private sector investment
- providing multi-year WA Government funding and leveraging Australian Government co-investment opportunities for initiatives that have been prioritised in the statewide plan for digital connectivity.
WA Government response
The WA Government responded to Foundation for a stronger tomorrow in February 2023. Recommendation 1 is fully supported. For further information please refer to the response document.