37. Strengthen infrastructure project assurance processes, governance and public sector skills for the delivery of major projects by:
- developing an enhanced and rigorous risk-based project assurance process to provide independent verification and review at key stages of project planning, delivery and operation, reporting to Cabinet and the respective project teams with clear action plans
- ensuring that the appointed chairs of major project steering committees have sufficient time to devote to preparing for, attending and leading steering committee meetings and deliberations
- further enhancing the capacity of the Department of Finance to provide expert teams within less-experienced state agencies to advise and upskill staff and build capacity
- developing and rolling out project management standards for adoption by state agencies and government trading enterprises.
WA Government response
The WA Government responded to Foundation for a stronger tomorrow in February 2023. Recommendation 37 (a-b) is fully supported; (c-d) is partially supported. For further information please refer to the response document.
Enhance cross-government coordination and planning
Enhance infrastructure delivery and develop skills for the future
Get the most from our infrastructure and improve maintenance