Estimated resident population: 53,914
Gross regional product: $21.9 billion
- Resources, and agriculture and food
- Road, rail and port access
- Significant Aboriginal population, culture and heritage
- Support resources value-adding and supply-chain efficiency
- Plan and adapt service delivery and infrastructure to accommodate population change and structural readjustment
- Support and advance Aboriginal enterprise and improve the liveability of remote Aboriginal communities and town-based reserves
While Goldfields-Esperance region is distinct, consultation highlighted that many regions face shared challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed to achieve the Strategy’s vision. As such, the majority of the Strategy’s 93 recommendations apply to Goldfields-Esperance and other regions. It is expected that the unique circumstances of each region are taken into account when implementing recommendations.
* Adapted from Australian Bureau of Statistics, Regional population: 2019–20 financial year; Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation, Western Australia economic profile – May 2021.