Estimated resident population: 52,769
Gross regional product: $9.5 billion
- Agriculture and food, and resources
- Solar and wind resources
- Globally significant space science infrastructure – Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory and radio quiet zone to support Square Kilometre Array
- Support agriculture and food
- Support renewable energy and hydrogen industry
- Support and capitalise on space science infrastructure
While the Mid West region is distinct, consultation highlighted that many regions face shared challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed to achieve the Strategy’s vision. As such, the majority of the Strategy’s 93 recommendations apply to the Mid West and other regions. It is expected that the unique circumstances of each region are taken into account when implementing recommendations.
* Adapted from Australian Bureau of Statistics, Regional population: 2019–20 financial year; Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation, Western Australia economic profile – May 2021.