Estimated resident population: 146,239
Gross regional product: $10.3 billion
- Resources and value-adding, and agriculture and food
- Liveability and proximity to Perth – fastest growing regional population and largest regional centre (Mandurah)
- Road, rail and port access, and available commercial and industrial land
- Support resources value-adding, and agriculture and food
- Support innovation and advanced manufacturing
- Support population growth and address gaps in social services and infrastructure, including health, education, training and housing
While the Peel region is distinct, consultation highlighted that many regions face shared challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed to achieve the Strategy’s vision. As such, the majority of the Strategy’s 93 recommendations apply to the Peel and other regions. It is expected that the unique circumstances of each region are taken into account when implementing recommendations.
* Adapted from Australian Bureau of Statistics, Regional population: 2019–20 financial year; Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation, Western Australia economic profile – May 2021.