Estimated resident population: 1,985,640
Gross regional product $186.1 billion
- Main population, economic and transport hub
- Leading minerals and energy city
- One of the most liveable cities in the world
- Central Perth must remain a focus for infrastructure investment
- Unlock barriers through an urban consolidation action program.
- Influence the dynamics of Perth’s CBD and immediate surrounds
While the Perth metropolitan region is distinct, consultation highlighted that many regions face shared challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed to achieve the Strategy’s vision. As such, many of the Strategy’s 93 recommendations apply to Perth and other regions. It is expected that the unique circumstances of each region are taken into account when implementing recommendations.
* Adapted from Australian Bureau of Statistics, Regional population: 2019–20 financial year; Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation, Western Australia economic profile – May 2021.